Religious Education Registration 2016-17
To register your children for Religious Ed click here to go to the RE Registration page to print out the proper forms.
You may contact Kim Kaye-Small at the Parish Office for more detailed information at 517-546-7200.
Pre-School -- NEW THIS YEAR
Attention Pre-School Parents: this year we are introducing a Montessori-style Program called CATECHESIS OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD. This Relgious Formation opportunity is available for pre-school aged children. Please click on the link to see an introduction produced by the CGS Group:
Basic Information for RE 2016-17
Class Times for 2016-17
- Sunday* 9:30am -10:45 am
- Monday 5:30 -6:45 p.m.
- Tuesday 4:40 -5:55 p.m
- Tuesday 6:20 - 7:35 p.m.
Please note: our Confirmation
program is a two year program that begins with year "A", typically following the 6th grade Religious Ed class. Year B follows and Candidates are Confirmed the fall after both years are completed, typically during the fall of their freshman year of High School. Participants must be a registered at St. John Catholic Church, be active members for at least six months before you can register in the 8
grade confirmation program.
- $90 for one child - $ 140 two children - $165 three or more children
- -$10 discount for registering before June 1, 2016
- Additional $30 Sacrament Preparation Fee for students receiving First Communion or Confirmation
- $35 late fee for registering after Sept. 1
- $170 per child for those not registered in the parish+
Sunday is a
and one parent is expected to attend the adult formation class, which meets the same time as your child's class, 9:30 - 10:45. You do not have to have a child in the Religious Education program to attend the adult class. All are welcome to attend.
We do allow Catholic members of other parishes to attend our RE program and to receive preparation and sacraments here under the following guidelines:
1. You need to have permission from your pastor for your child to receive the sacrament at St. John. You will need to go to your DRE and/or pastor to discuss this situation. They will need to communicate to us that you have their permission.
You will be on a waiting list to see if we have room in our classrooms. Our parishioners have first priority.
There is an out-of-parish fee of $170 per child for non-St. John parishioners plus $30 sacramental fee.